GenieACS not querying "non-reported" parameters

Hi, Using GenieACS 1.2.9 to manage some Calix 813Gv2 devices.

I am trying to query 2 spesific parameters/paths, but it is not working as expected.

InternetGatewayDevice.X_000631_Device.*
InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice..WLANConfiguration..AssociatedDevice.*

My inform script contains the following lines:
declare(“InternetGatewayDevice.X_000631_Device.", {value: now, path: now});
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.
.WLANConfiguration..AssociatedDevice.”, {value: now, path: now});

I’ve looked at the communications between GenieACS and the device using tcpdump/wireshark, and when GenieACS does a “GetParameterNames” for “InternetGatewayDevice.” and “InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.” respectively, the device does not return the existance of the child paramenters (it does return a bunch of others).

I suspect as the devices does not report the existance of the two parameters/paths, GenieACS never queries their values.

I know that they exist, because if the same Calix CPE device is connected to a different ACS server (Calix Cloud ACS), when it queries those parameters/paths using GetParameterValues, the device returns the results I need.

In short GenieACS seems to refuse to do a GetParameterValues on a parameters that has not been reported back by the device by using GetParametersNames.

Is there any way to force GenieACS to query those values?

Johan

What happens in the gui if you try and refresh InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.AssociatedDevice? Do the devices show up?

FYI, there is no need to use wireshark or tcp dump. If you are on a dev server, you can set the cwmp.debug config parameter to true and see the entire soap conversation in the debug file. If you are on a production server, or only want to see one device, create a new config param for cwmp.debug and use this for the value: DeviceID.ID = "<your-acs-id-here>". The location of the file is determined by the GENIEACS_DEBUG_FILE param in the genieacs.env file.

1 Like

When I try and refresh in the GUI the parameter does not even show up in order for it to be refreshed.

Unless I misterstand how to refresh from GUI

Thanks for the tip about cwmp.debug and the filter.
(server is live with about 2800 clients)

Try moving up the parameter stack and refreshing InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration if you still don’t see anything in the GUI for that, they try InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.

-dan

Hi refreshed both the parameters using the gui and AssociatedDevices still do not appear.

You can find the genieacs-debug.yaml here: genieacs-debug.yaml - 1abcc324
The device never reports the existance of “InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.AssociatedDevice”

You can also see a partial cwmp communications log for a Paid ACS server (Calix Cloud) here: Calix Cloud cwmp log - 6b75e803
(file is in reverse chronological order)

If you look at it1 you can see that if using TR-69 spesifically request (GetParameterValues) for “InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.AssociatedDevice.1.*” the device does respond to it.

It seems that I need to convince GenieACS to go a GetParameterValues for “InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.AssociatedDevice.1." even though GetParameterNamesResponse for "InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.” does not report existance of it.

Kind Regards,

Johan Meiring

What happens when you refresh InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration? Do you then see params?

If you do not, then this is a vendor issue. Good luck with Calix, they think their shit don’t stink. If you want them to fix the issue you will need lots of log files and soap traces.

Hi @akcoder.

As shown in the log files posted, when I refresh “InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration…” the Calix device does not return the fact that “…AssociatedDevices” exist.

I agree that this is a vendor issue. I need a workaround.

My simple question is…

Is it possible to make GenieACS do a “GetParameterValues” call for a parameter that has not been reported back to GenieACS in a previous “GetParameterNamesResponse” answer?

Kind regards,

Johan

Not without patching the code.

Thank you. I will contact GenieACS for commercial support to see if this can be done.

Seems this cane up before…

Hi,

I am prepared to pay someone to make the modifications to GenieACS that is needed.

I contacted GenieACS support on the website, but have not had a response.

Does anyone have an alternate method to get hold of commercial support?

Johan

Have you contacted Calix “support” regarding this? This is a pretty glaring issue with their TR069 client support.

Hi Akacoder,

The product is EOL at Calix, and I doubt I will get them to fix it.

This is why am trying to pay someone at GenieACS to build a workaround for me.

Kind Regards,

Johan Meiring