InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice not showing in All Parameters

Hello!

This is my first time using the ACS system and wondering if I have done something incorrectly or if it is just my device.

I have a Nokia Fastmile 3.2 Gateway. I used the superadmin password to setup the ACS connection settings and can now view it in genieacs webui devices. However it only shows Device. Parameters under All Parameters. I can’t see InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice at all.

I have seen on some nokia guides that this key should exist on nokia, but maybe wan config on the Fastmile 3.2 isnt supported function?

The reason I’m tryting to use the ACS method for configure is that in the Nokia WebUI for the router doesn’t accept PPPoE Username that contains . in it. E.g username123@isp.com

I have setup a test PPPoE network using simple username without the . and password using my edgerouter to get the nokia WAN connected. This is how I have it showing in genieacs.

Unfortunately my ISP requirements is PPPoE (not support IPoE) and the username has “.” in it.

If anyone has any pointer, please let me know :slight_smile:

https://docs.genieacs.com/en/latest/administration-faq.html#most-device-parameters-are-missing

Thanks for the link, I did see that one when looking for help.

InternetGatewayDevice isnt shown in the GenieACS’s UI as a root parameter in the list of all parameters so I dont believe it is that issue

It appears you did not fully understand the part I linked to. I’ve bolded the relevant parts.

For performance reasons (server, client, and network), GenieACS by default only fetches parts of the data model that are necessary to satisfy the declarations in your provision scripts. Create declarations for any parameters you need fetched by default.

If you’re unsure and want to explore the available parameters exposed by the device, refresh the root parameter (e.g. InternetGatewayDevice) from GenieACS’s UI. You typically only need to do that one time for a given CPE model.

This doesn’t shown as a root parameter at all, only root parameter that I see is "Device."
Even after I refresh the device.
root.

In the default prevision script InternetGatewayDevice is included out of the box. That’s why Im.confused.

Prevision, default

const hourly = Date.now(3600000);

// Refresh basic parameters hourly
declare(“InternetGatewayDevice.DeviceInfo.HardwareVersion”, {path: hourly, value: hourly});
declare(“InternetGatewayDevice.DeviceInfo.SoftwareVersion”, {path: hourly, value: hourly});
declare(“InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice..WANConnectionDevice..WANIPConnection..MACAddress", {path: hourly, value: hourly});
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.
.WANConnectionDevice..WANIPConnection..ExternalIPAddress”, {path: hourly, value: hourly});
declare(“InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice..WLANConfiguration..SSID”, {path: hourly, value: hourly});
// Don’t refresh password field periodically because CPEs always report blank passowrds for security reasons
declare(“InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice..WLANConfiguration..KeyPassphrase”, {path: hourly, value: 1});
declare(“InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice..Hosts.Host..HostName”, {path: hourly, value: hourly});
declare(“InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice..Hosts.Host..IPAddress”, {path: hourly, value: hourly});
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice..Hosts.Host..MACAddress

You will need to read up on TR-069 and TR-181. That should clear things up for you.

1 Like

Hi mate,

I’ve set up genieacs on VMware, and everything seems to be working smoothly, except I’m unable to connect to my Nokia Fastmile 3.2 Gateway.

Am I missing something here?

Could you lend me a hand with this?

Thanks!

Other image: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Please create your own thread instead of resurrecting a random thread.

Apologies for any confusion. I’ve created a new thread as requested. Thank you for your understanding.