Tree not refreshing

I’m trying to refresh the root tree on a BaiCell CPE. I need to see parameters under “InternetGatewayDevice.WEB_GUI.” I never see any changes in the GUI but I do see the parameters listed in the debug file as I have debugging turned on. I’m not seeing any WARN or ERROR entries in the cwmp log.

Thanks @akcoder but on initial registration and inform, I only see 41 parameters for that device. I don’t think the parameters are getting committed to the database because if I query the db using a curl statement, I don’t see any more parameters listed there than in the GUI. Is there a reason these values aren’t getting committed? I have CPEs from other manufacturers using the same tree structure and they are reporting okay. Thanks for any insight you may have.

You would need to tail the cwmp log file to see whats going on. Which version of GenieACS are you running? There was a change made in v1.2.4 to commit the values when the session timed out. Previous behavior was to only commit when a session was successful.

I was using 1.2.0 for most of my testing. I updated to 1.2.4 but am seeing the same results. I’m not getting an errors in the cwmp log. I’m linking the cwmp, debug, and csv download files from within the GUI.

cwmp access log

debug log

device csv

Hi, it’s a device bug … contact the vendor with this. The device do sends the WEB_GUI.* parameters values but in order for genieacs to store them it asks for the names list (to also know if a object is writable or not) and there the WEB_GUI is missing.

Request:
<cwmp:GetParameterNames><ParameterPath>InternetGatewayDevice.</ParameterPath><NextLevel>1</NextLevel>

Response:
     <cwmp:GetParameterNamesResponse>
      <ParameterList soap_enc:arrayType="cwmp:ParameterInfoStruct[5]">
       <ParameterInfoStruct>
        <Name>InternetGatewayDevice.Baicells.</Name>
        <Writable>0</Writable>
       </ParameterInfoStruct>
       <ParameterInfoStruct>
        <Name>InternetGatewayDevice.DeviceInfo.</Name>
        <Writable>0</Writable>
       </ParameterInfoStruct>
       <ParameterInfoStruct>
        <Name>InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.</Name>
        <Writable>0</Writable>
       </ParameterInfoStruct>
       <ParameterInfoStruct>
        <Name>InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.</Name>
        <Writable>0</Writable>
       </ParameterInfoStruct>
       <ParameterInfoStruct>
        <Name>InternetGatewayDevice.Wlan.</Name>
        <Writable>0</Writable>
       </ParameterInfoStruct>
      </ParameterList>
     </cwmp:GetParameterNamesResponse>

Thank you very much for that explanation. I kind of figured it was going to be a device issue. I will reach out to them and see what they say.

Be prepared for them to blame it on the ACS. I’ve found the only way to get vendors to fix issues is dive deep into the spec and point to the exact part of the spec they are violating.

Just wanted to give @akcoder and @lavira a big “Thank You” for your help on this. I reached out to the manufacturer, and after a few back and forths telling them exactly how to fix the issue, they updated the firmware so the device reports back what I need and GenieACS stores the data. I’ve definitely learned a lot on just this issue alone, so thanks again!