The TR-069 session error: ONT EG8145V5

Hi everyone.
We are having issues with some Huawei ONT model EG8145V5.
Some of them gives us the following errors in Genie ACS when trying to provisioning them:

bootstrap - session_terminated-The TR-069 session was unsuccessfully terminated
default - session_terminated-The TR-069 session was unsuccessfully terminated
inform - session_terminated-The TR-069 session was unsuccessfully terminated

It only happens with this specific ont model. We are using other models, all of them Huawei and they work ok with current configuration.

Another thing to have in consideration, sometimes they work ok, sometimes they dont.

Do you know what can cause this?

1 Like

Sounds like a device issue. First check for and install the latest firmware. If the issue still doesn’t go away, then contact the vendor.

as you metioned, it automatically solved for me and now work correct without error message

Hi Bagher, thank you for your answer.
It´s weird, i know it must be something with ont´s firmware or something like that.

It happens in 70% of them. Sometimes they fail and then they work.

Vendor didnt gave me any firmware upgrade. We are stuck with this problem. We have like 1000 units with this error and we cant find a solution.

1 Like

thanks, why huawei doesn’t share firmwares? its something about device quality and security
as you can see in this link: https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/optical-access/echolife-eg8020p-pid-22773539/software
show to me this message:

I’ve seen this issue with a device type that was really slow to answer (30~45 seconds) and the whole exchange was not finish before the new periodic inform would start, what leaded to this “session was unsuccessfully terminated” error.

I would try a longer periodic inform interval first.

You must buy from official Huawei channel to have access to firmware’s upgrade. You can try to get those from your gray market vendor.

1 Like

We are using 300 seconds inform interval.
But i understand this time is set on the “inform” script. “Bootstrap” fails before "inform"set this i think.