Proper setting of Preset

hi all,

what is the proper way to use preset ?
for example:

• when i need to execute provision “firmware-upgrade” on 3am
  • when i need to upload “3 Vendor Configuration File” on 6am next morning

thank you

A preset can execute a provision based on a set of conditions. This preset I created executes every morning between 2 and 4 am. Preset schedules are based on UTC and specified in cron format.

ups… base on UTC ?
i already set my ubuntu according to the local timezone. is it stil using UTC ?

i tried to set it up and it won’t run.

update… it’s run after put " before and after the serial number.
so the precondition become Device.DeviceInfo.SerialNumber = “94A3093670D7”

let say if i want to execute the command on 1 am every date=1, than the schedule become 290 0 1 1 * *, is it correct ?
another, if i want to execute the command by tomorrow (sept 30) on 5 pm, than the scuedule become 290 0 17 30 9 *, is it correct ?
and the date & time using GMT / UTC

Yes, everything in Genie is in UTC.

ok…
any idea how to use tag on preset ?
example, execute provision test with condition tag=“TEST”

thank you

This is for an older version of GenieACS, but the concepts are the same.

Here is a sample of my preset based on Tag.

I’m trying to set more than 1 serial number on the precondition preset but it’s not working, pls how do i get it sorted.

I have some Serial numbers i only want the preset to affect.

Device.SerialNumber In ('serial1', 'serial2', ...)

Unless you are doing this for simple testing purposes, you are probably going about this the wrong way…

2 Likes

Thanks, i have to script the process to affect multiple selected ONT’s.

working on a script for it

One way would be to tag them. My colleague tag device that should get a special provision and the send a inform.

An alternative way would be to use a list stored in a database or the provision script.

With a list stored in a data base how do i use the ACS to effect the change, although I’m working on a script already.

curl -i ‘http://localhost:7557/devices/00236a-SR552n-SR552NA084%2D0003269/tasks?timeout=3000&connection_request
-X POST
–data ‘{“name”: “refreshObject”, “objectName”: “InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice”}’

This is what it looks like, still in process. Need to get the scrip that can effect the VLAN change after refreshing the object parameter

1 Like

is it also available support with genieacs version 1.29 node.js version?