ONT ZTE and Genieacs

Dear All

I have been succeeded installing genieacs v1.2.8 on my ubuntu 18.04 server, and I also succeeded integrating between ONT ZTE F660 and GenieACS Server so the ONTs are listed on GenieACS server, the problem is I can’t summon nor change the device SSID on the GenieACS the log always said:

faultCode: “9003”
faultString: Invalid arguments
setParameterValuesFault:

• parameterName: InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.PeriodicInformTime
    faultCode: “9007”
    faultString: Invalid parameter value

or

“Device is Offline”

I always think it seem the problem is because my acs server is not in the same network, and i have been tried to make it to the same network, the problem and the logs are still the same

then I think maybe the virtual parameters are need to be configured because i have not configure it yet for ONT ZTE.

Do you all have the parameters for ONT ZTE, or anything that might solve this problem.

This is the topology I used

Genie ACS Server-CoreRouter-RouterDistribution-OLT-ONT

1 Like

can you ping the ACS from the CPE ? can you push changes from the web interface ? have you enabled debug? if so, check the request id of the fault and look for the value being pushed to the CPE.

always provide as much context as possible.

can you show me how to integrating ZTEONT and GeniACS server? I’m stuck in integrating

same problem

Hi, I have the same problem, ragilt95 do you find the solution?

I think you can get the value of “InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.PeriodicInformTime” on your ONT from GenieACS。see if your value of “InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer.PeriodicInformTime” is error.

The issue you’re facing with GenieACS and the ZTE F660 ONT seems to be related to parameter configuration and potentially network connectivity. Here’s a breakdown of the problem and some solutions you can try:

Errors:

• faultCode: “9003” faultString: “Invalid arguments” - This indicates an issue with the arguments being sent to the ONT. It could be a problem with the parameter name, format, or value.
  • faultCode: “9007” faultString: “Invalid parameter value” - Similar to the previous error, this points to an incorrect value being sent for a specific parameter.
  • “Device is Offline” - This suggests the GenieACS server cannot communicate with the ONT.

Possible Solutions:

1. Verify Virtual Parameter Configuration:
  • As you suspected, virtual parameters might be necessary for your specific ZTE F660 model. Unfortunately, I cannot share specific URLs due to security concerns, but you can try searching online for “[GenieACS ZTE F660 Virtual Parameters]”.
  • Consult the ZTE documentation or forums for the correct virtual parameter names and formats for configuring the SSID.
  1. Check Parameter Values:
  • Double-check the values you’re trying to set for the SSID. Ensure they comply with your network standards (length, character limitations, etc.).
  1. Network Connectivity:
  • While you mentioned trying to place the ACS server in the same network, consider these points:
    • Firewall Rules: Ensure firewalls on any intermediate devices (CoreRouter, Distribution Router) allow communication between the ACS server and the OLT/ONT on the relevant ports (typically HTTP/HTTPS).
    • Network Segmentation: If your network is segmented, verify proper routing exists to allow traffic between the ACS server and the ONT subnet.
  1. GenieACS Logs:
  • Analyze the GenieACS server logs for more detailed information about the errors. The logs might provide specific clues about the invalid arguments or parameter values.