Issue Retrieving Multiple AssociatedDevice Entries on Huawei EG8141A5 and EG8141V5

Hello GenieACS Community,

I am encountering an issue with Huawei EG8141A5 and EG8141V5 routers where I am only able to retrieve the information for a single associated Wi-Fi device via TR-069, despite there being multiple devices connected. Specifically, I’m only able to fetch the first instance:

InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.AssociatedDevice.1

However, as seen in my router’s LAN hosts table, there are multiple devices connected with Wi-Fi that I need to monitor. I expect to retrieve the Wi-Fi reception strength for each connected device, but the additional instances such as:

InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.AssociatedDevice.2 InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.AssociatedDevice.3 InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.AssociatedDevice.4 InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.AssociatedDevice.5

are not being reported back to GenieACS.

Has anyone faced a similar issue, or can anyone suggest how to ensure that all instances of AssociatedDevice are correctly reported? I am particularly interested in obtaining the RSSI values for each device to monitor signal strength. I have attached a screenshot from the router’s interface showing the connected devices for reference.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Those data are reported by the CPE and GenieACS can’t change the behavior of a CPE like forcing it to show more devices. You should see that with the vendor (Huawei) in this case and make sure their no firmware update available first. If those are were bough on gray market without support, I don’t think their much you can do about it.

1 Like