Set hidden Parameters

Hello,

is it possible to set a value for a non-public parameter?

My vendor told me there are some hidden parameters I can set, but they’re not showing in the parameters catched from GenieACS.

Is it possible to do so?

Thanks

You could try writing the data over the api or over a provisioning script.
You could also try setting this option to true inside the configuration. : cwmp.skipWritableCheck

cwmp.skipWritableCheck is not used for hidden parameters, but to override the case where a vendor (like say… Zyxel) reports a parameter as 0 when it really is writable. I found and reported this issue to @zaidka about 6-8 months ago.

You cannot write hidden params with a provision script because it verifies the desired parameter exists before attempting to set the value.

I haven’t tested if the API allows you to set hidden parameters.

@giuseppe Ask your vendor why the hell they made the parameters hidden, and why they won’t expose them. An ACS should not have to work around defective CPEs…

1 Like

They misspelled “bug”.

Unfortunately not even the API can help you here. Other than having the vendor fix this, your only other option is to patch GenieACS and artifically inject these “hidden” parameters in the data model.

2 Likes

Thank you guys, I’ll report this to the vendor to solve this bug :smile:

They said it’s GenieACS fault, because with other ACS they can change this property, but it’s clearly a bug!

Other ACS’s may be able to change the parameter, but its because they are not following the specification.

I’ve had the best luck getting vendors to fix their broken stuff when I point to the exact line of the specification they are violating.

1 Like

@zaidka could you give me an example on how to do this?

For everyone, I’ve found this:

Could it work?

Yes, but its not a long-term viable solution. You can use this approach for testing, but any refresh of the node will cause the parameter name to be removed.

1 Like

I need a temporary solution until the vendor upgrade the firmware, as it’s a know bug, but the parameters shouldn’t be removed after the refresh…

The parameters will absolutely be removed after a refresh of the node. A refresh of the node causes GenieACS to do a GPN and a GPV. The GPN will get the list of all params under the node, and anything that doesn’t match that list will be removed from the mongo db.

1 Like