Provisions: How can I force an GetParameterNames (with nextLevel false) from the root element?

How can I force an GetParameterNames (with nextLevel false) from the root element?

I would like to list all parameter names of the device to simplify some provision scripts I have, but this come at a great CPU cost with the current declare function.

Currently my solution for this is a change I made to the cwmp server that runs after GenieACS’s provisions pipeline where I can control the acs requests at a low level.

You should only need to refresh the entire data model tree for each new device model. GenieACS will automatically refresh the parts of the data model that it needs.

Not necessarily. If I want to collect some data periodically from several sub-trees with variable indexes all at once like: “InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.*.WLANConfiguration.*.AssociatedDevi\ce.*.AssociatedDeviceMACAddress” and “InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.*.Hosts.Host.*.MACAddress” the declare function will do way more requests than whats needed if I want the data and paths must be as much up-to-date as possible. Collecting this data can be accomplished with a GetParameterName and a GetParameterValues request.

I manage to create an alternative to provisions script that run after all provisions and tasks are finished. It enables the users to specify the exact AcsRequests they want to make, it consumes very litte cpu usage compared to a similar provision script.

It might be a nice advanced feature to include in the main project.

1 Like