Is it possible to use wildcards in the API?

Through the API, I have tried a wildcard for the interface number in

InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.LANEthernetInterfaceConfig.*.Stats

using query just to retrieve the “Stats” node on each LANEthernetInforfaceConfig child.

The query just brings back the result:

[
{"_id":"302364-XS%2D2426G%2DA-ALCLFC123456","InternetGatewayDevice":{"LANDevice":{"1":{"LANEthernetInterfaceConfig":{}}}}}
]

Is there a way to bring back just the stats nodes in the result?

Thanks, Mark.

have you tried to refresh the path before doing the query?

Hi, yes, the data is there. If I request InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.LANEthernetInterfaceConfig, then I get the whole tree.

So really looking for two optimizations - can I request refreshObject using wildcards for IDs (to reduce workload/traffic CPE<-> ACS) and can I query the data using wildcards (reduce workload/traffic ACS<->OSS).

This network will eventually have many tens of thousands of CPE so looking ahead to optimising as much as is possible in these early days.

Thanks for your help.
Mark.

have you seen this section of the docs?

Return specific parameters for a given device:

query = {“_id”: “202BC1-BM632w-000000”}

curl -i ‘http://localhost:7557/devices?query={“_id”%3A"202BC1-BM632w-000000"}&projection=InternetGatewayDevice.DeviceInfo.ModelName,InternetGatewayDevice.DeviceInfo.Manufacturer

The projection URL param is a comma-separated list of the parameters to receive.

thank you, yes, and used it many times.
What I am after is wildcards in refresh and in query.

If you see my OP, the ‘*’ is a wildcard for the interface number.

…InterfaceConfig.*.Stats
vs
…InterfaceConfig.1.Stats,
…InterfaceConfig.2.Stats,
…interfaceConfig.3.Stats, etc.

Is it Ok if this is not supported. Just checking if it is supported and I am just screwing up the request.

To the best of my knowledge, wildcards are not supported via the API.

You can do a refresh object on InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.LANEthernetInterfaceConfig that will refresh all children for that parameter.

thanks to you both - I’ll stick with parent level requests. Regards, Mark.