Cannot create instances for IPv6 DHCPv6-PD

Hi all! I’m trying to set up DHCPv6-PD and WAN IPv6 addressing, but I’m unable to do it through the provision script, here is an excerpt of the code:

declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.3.WANIPConnection.[Name:3_INTERNET_R_VID_1026].X_HW_IPv6Enable", {value: now},{value: true});

declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.3.WANIPConnection.[Name:3_INTERNET_R_VID_1026].X_HW_IPv6.IPv6Prefix", null, {path: 1}); //Create new instance
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.3.WANIPConnection.[Name:3_INTERNET_R_VID_1026].X_HW_IPv6.IPv6Address", null, {path:1}); // Create new instance
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.3.WANIPConnection.[Name:3_INTERNET_R_VID_1026].X_HW_IPv6.IPv6Address.1.Origin", {value: now}, {value: "PrefixDelegation"});
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.3.WANIPConnection.[Name:3_INTERNET_R_VID_1026].X_HW_IPv6.IPv6Prefix.1.Origin", {value: now}, {value: "AutoConfigured"});

If I do it through the Devices GUI, it works… :frowning:

Would anyone be so kind to show me an example? (I’m a newbie in ACS, so please pardon in advance if I have made a huge mistake)

Thank you very much!

IMHO the best way is to take an example from the doc and adapt from there.

I’ve tried everything before asking for help here… trust me… but now I’m completely blocked… I don’t know what I’m doing wrong :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I can create the two instances if I do it with the GenieACS web interface… but when I read the docs and try to port the process to the provision script, It doesn’t work. I can enable the IPv6 protocol in the WAN, but no more progress from that point.

No errors are shown in the log, that’s the problem. I don’t know what is wrong and why it doesn’t work correctly

1 Like

I have only done this once and it was a firewall config so YMMV. After you have read @akcoder posts, I insist on taking a second read at the docs examples. I think you are missing the first line which deletes all instances before adding a new one. Coincidentally the provision suggested by akcoder does the same thing.

Hi guys! Thank you very much for your help. I managed to config correctly DHCPv6-PD via ACS.
Here is the code for those who may need it:

declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.3.WANIPConnection.*.X_HW_IPv6.IPv6Prefix.[]", null, {path: 0}); //delete instances
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.3.WANIPConnection.*.X_HW_IPv6.IPv6Address.[]", null, {path:0}); // delete instances
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.3.WANIPConnection.1.X_HW_IPv6.IPv6Prefix.[Origin: PrefixDelegation]", {path: now}, {path: 1});
declare("InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.3.WANIPConnection.1.X_HW_IPv6.IPv6Address.[Origin: AutoConfigured]", {path: now}, {path: 1});

Thank you very much!!! :blush:

1 Like