Repeated firmware download

Hi,

We constantly encounter repeated firmware download problem. The 7 TRANSFER COMPLETE event simply doesn’t get recognized and download task would be sent to CPE over and over again:

Is this a bug, or we are doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

I’m going to guess that you are using a task to cause the CPE to download the firmware/config upgrade as opposed to a provision script?

Some CPEs go wonky and send back the wrong commandKey (used to correlate request/responses) or some even fail to send a proper acknowledgement that they have successfully downloaded the file.

In those cases, you will need to manually remove the download task.

If you perform your firmware upgrades via a provision script this isn’t an issue because it doesn’t get get added to the cpe tasks.

@akcoder Thanks for the reply. It indeed has been tasks instead of provision scripts. However, from the CWMP log screenshot I provided, you can see request and response command keys do match but GenieACS fails to correlate. Any explanation as to why this happens?

Thats not a question I have the answer to. Maybe @zaidka can answer that. What version are you using? If you are using 1.2, are you on latest master?

We are using 1.1.3 as official 1.2 isn’t out yet (but we hope it can come out soon).

I see session timeout errors. As the session is not getting closed properly the updates aren’t getting saved and so the download operation isn’t getting registered to have had started.

Thanks for very prompt reply. That answered our question.