Presets and events

this is the events list I got from the logs after running for several weeks.

root@genieacsTEST:/var/log/genieacs# clear ; cat genieacs-cwmp-access.log |grep -o 'informEvent\=.*' | grep -o '\".*\"' |sort -u

"0 BOOTSTRAP"
"0 BOOTSTRAP,1 BOOT"
"0 BOOTSTRAP,1 BOOT,2 PERIODIC"
"0 BOOTSTRAP,1 BOOT,4 VALUE CHANGE"
"1 BOOT"
"1 BOOT,0 BOOTSTRAP"
"1 BOOT,2 PERIODIC"
"1 BOOT,2 PERIODIC,4 VALUE CHANGE"
"1 BOOT,M Reboot"
"1 BOOT,M Reboot,0 BOOTSTRAP"
"2 PERIODIC"
"4 VALUE CHANGE"
"6 CONNECTION REQUEST"

I have only 1 provision script. What I want is to avoid running the same provision for different events (ie: BOOT and PERIODIC). So what I have as preset is this:

at the moment I’m ingoring Value Change event.

At the moment I have some faults about “endless configuration loop”.

Am I missing something ?

thanks.

please don’t do it this way.
If there is no event, it will run at every event, every time the cpe connects to the acs.
make the script that way, so it does not matter if it runs twice. For example with the provision script example’s, the device get’s a tag provisioned, where the script checks if the device already has that tag.
with reading parameters, the default script provided by genieacs did a great job. there is shown how to set it up, that some parameters are only read every x hours.

only use event on special accurences, when that changes something import. e.g. at Bootstrap, to clear the model and remove the provisioned tag.
or at boot, when you want to log these events some how externaly, to see how often a device get’s rebooted.

Ty for the answer but I am not sure to understand what you mean. Unfortunally I did not install GenieACS so I haven’t seen the examples scripts you mentioned. I haven’t see them on the documentation web page nor github repo.

EDIT: found it, I was looking at the wrong places.